Complete the missing word in the sentences.
8. Lots of people around the world have faced
– where they are treated differently because of their race, skin colour, gender, age and lots of other things, too.
9. But there are some amazing people who have worked hard to help us move towards a world where everyone is treated fairly and
10. South Africa is home to many different peoples and cultures – so much so that it’s been nicknamed the
11. He travelled the country to gain support for non-violent
against the National Party’s racists laws.
12. His work towards making South Africa a more peaceful place won the
Peace Prize in 1993.
13. He worked hard to make South Africa a country of
, where people of all race and colour lived together in peace.
Chose a word from the box and complete it in the sentences.
14. Created by white authorities who thought black people’s lives didn’t matter as much as theirs, these laws meant
is a person who works to change a community, aiming to make it a better place.
16. Rosa was arrested by the police and fined for breaking
17. There are some amazing people who have done incredible things to fight for
, such person was a called Rosa Parks.
18. Regardless of where you come from, what religion you follow, where you work, what
you speak or whether you’re a boy or a girl.
Match the words in the box with the images.